Receptionist : Job description
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player who will be the first point of contact for visitors at the office, greeting them in a polite and well-spoken manner. You will also be assigned duties as required (i.e. organization of inbound and outbound mail, administrative work, and general clerical support).
- Distribute emails
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors
- receiving/routing incoming calls, providing answers to basic queries and then following up to customers in regards to service or sales.
- operating switchboard telephone system to receive incoming calls, determining the nature of the call, and directing callers to the appropriate person or department.
- Responsible for daily filing (service repair orders, parts counter tickets, car deal files, and hard copies)
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information at all times
- Maintain and keep customer areas tidy
- Attend to waiting customers.
- Update the dealership’s computer system to add information about customer vehicles
- Direct customers to designated departments
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other Tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or relevant work experience
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.