The incumbent will have a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the nursery, reforestation, and farm related activities to meet the long-term objective of the environmental sustainability of the Arusha.Site and the greening initiatives of AKU by improving the microclimate, protect soil erosion and enhance the watershed to rejuvenate the land and keeping it productive. This position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania
Areas of responsibilities:
- Increase the Reforestation of the Arusha Land
- Grow saplings in the Nursery.
- Provide directions to the nursery staff.
- Schedule and monitor planting of trees.
Utilization of Demo Plots.
- Direction on demo plots technologies.
- Introduce new innovations
Training of Community Members on Best Practices
- Train staff and other stakeholders.
Increase in Farming Activities and Crop Production.
- Direction on crop planting.
- Fertigation of different crops.
- Irrigation systems.
- Spraying and harvesting.
Smooth Running of Farming Equipment.
- Develop a regular maintenance schedule of the equipment.
- Resource management including fuel consumption.
Good Landscaping and Maintanance of the Football Field.
- Liase and work closely with the landscaping staff. •Ensure that the grass is cut regularly and irrigated •Greening of theTOC surroundings.
Maintance of Coffee Plantation and Other Crops
- Work with Coffee team leader and provide support on maintaining the trees.
- Schedule tree stumping and pruning.
- Provide support and direction on harvesting and pulping operation
- Support the grading and sale of coffee beans.
- Bachelor/Master of Science Degree related to the field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field managing a plant nursery, reforestation, and agriculture
- Experience in irrigation systems, sprinklers, drip, and furrow.
- Familiar with wide range of indigenous trees and process for growing trees.
- Environmental sustainability and conservation.
- Innovation techniques in fanning and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Ability to be self-motivated, versatile, and adaptable to different cultures and people: open- mindedness and respect for views of others.
- Strong team leadership and collaborative skills.
- Fluency in both Kiswahili and English. Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to prioritize and develop a work schedule/imptement plan and monitor progress towards goals. Ability to make clear timely decisions.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11 December 2 02 2.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.