Port Clerk ; Job description
Alistair Group ,Dar Es Salaam
Alistair Group makes our clients’ businesses work better in Africa by self-delivering integrated logistics solutions.
Kurasini, Tanzania, United Republic of
- To support Alistair Logistics operations such that objectives are met at the required work performance standard and in accordance with company behaviours and values.
- To manage liabilities to ensure legislative compliance and achievement of best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Tanzanian legislation.
Accountability and Responsibility Areas:
- Doing physical verification on port containers
- Addressing different queries that may arise at TICTs, TPA and ICDs on a timely manner
- Following up on loading permits and ensuring that trucks load out of the port
- Facilitating with port charges payments
- Following up with all the necessary agencies such as TBS, GCLA at the port
- Following up on any other TICTs and TPA issues that may arise
- Obtaining Delivery Orders from Shipping Lines
- Obtaining customs Release for shipments
- Heal, Safety and Environment
- Actively support Alistair Group health, safety & environment policies and procedures.
Diploma or Degree in Port Clearing is desired
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 3 years of port clearance experience
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports and transit goods for air, sea and road freight cargo.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
Driver Job Vacancy at Pan African Postal Union Arusha