Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Offer
Position Location: Shinyanga Program Office, Tanzania
Managers Position: Project Accountant
Lifewater International is an established Christian non-profit and community development organization working with the rural poor to provide access to safe water, and improved sanitation and hygiene, one village at a time. For 45 years, we have served more than 2.5 million people in 40+ countries with life-saving clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) practices. Lifewater currently serves in Cambodia, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda. Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve the least and last as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. Lifewater International serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Lifewater International Tanzania seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill the vacant position of Procurement and Logistics Officer.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for ensuring that all LI programs in Tanzania align to the procurement systems and processes for local and international procurement of goods and services. The position holder shall promote and help ensure compliance with national and LI policies, proactively identify and report risk issues to ensure integrity, transparency, and accountability for all procurement related activities.
·Draft and implement the annual procurement plan.
- Ensure that procurement is completed, documented, and delivered to the end-user in a timely manner, ensuring that items procured meet the specifications of the end-user while adhering to LI procurement guidelines.
·Record and promptly submit requests for purchase of goods and services, taking ownership of the supply process by following up on orders for items to ensure timely delivery, checking the quality and accuracy of deliveries and ensuring feedback from suppliers on delays are promptly and clearly communicated to the end-user.
Send out requests for quotations and purchase orders to suppliers and service providers.
·Compile all relevant supporting documentation and attach them to request to ensure procurement procedures have been applied.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of recommended suppliers, overseeing the logistical aspects of the operation; oversee goods/commodity storage and movements as needed.
·Periodically update the pre-qualification list of suppliers and seek approval to update the list of suppliers and service providers annually. This will entail the following;
oDeveloping adverts for tenders, bids etc.
oParticipate in the pre-qualification of suppliers/services
- Liaise with finance to ensure compliance with monthly payment schedules.
- Work with LI management team to detect and mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of LI activities.
Contract management (services and goods)
Establish and maintain a central register of main contracts, develop appropriate data bases for key suppliers and main contractors for all locations.
·Manage supplier and /or contractor contracts and work closely with the user departments to ensure effective and efficient contract implementation.
·Prepare and dispatch LPOs as needed for goods and services and follow up/expedite to ensure timely delivery.
·Monitor the performance of selected suppliers, highlight areas of concern and recommend alternatives where necessary.
Ensure that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders.
·Ensuring the safe custody of all bid documents, Purchase Requests with all the supporting documents and contracts, as well as having all information like bid notices, best-evaluated bidder, notification of award is displayed and posted on LI Notice Boards.
Logistics & Administration
·Ensure goods and materials supplied are as per specifications and supplied at the best prices.
·Manage the clearing and forwarding/ handling logistics and transportation of goods and materials for the organization.
Oversee the purchase, and usage of fuel ensuring checks are in place for loss prevention and efficient use.
·Ensure annual legal registration, tax and insurance of vehicles, and all other LI assets as required.
·In collaboration with APM and the Human Resources manager, maintain a list of maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment, fixtures and furnishings and use this to plan procurements and maintenance schedules.
·Provide Orientation to new staff on Procurement procedures from time to time in line with LI policy.
·Prepare monthly procurement reports and ensure their timely submission to the Country Director.
·Submit weekly 15/5 and timesheet to supervisor.
·Conduct site visits for construction related procurements in collaboration with Engineers and other Program staff to verify materials and other direct deliveries made to beneficiaries.
·Conduct market surveys for prices and maintain a list of prices for commonly purchased items in all Program areas of operation.
Fixed Assets and inventory management
·Carry out periodic physical inventory counts with Finance team.
·Support the field teams to maintain inventory records of the movement of stock in and out of stores and other materials in the store.
Key Performance Indicators
·Consolidated Procurement Plan in place
·Prequalification of suppliers
·Timely Procurement of goods and services
·Timely payment of suppliers.
Work Experience and competencies
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in procurement and logistics level position with progressive responsibilities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action such that program activities are not delayed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and simultaneous attention to detail as well as strategic vision are essential.
- A strong commitment to teamwork and accountability
- Well-developed analytical and reporting skill
- Good judgment, strong communication skills and a high level of integrity
- Familiarity with Google docs, email tools. Skilled and experienced in transferring files via cloud-based hosting services such as Box, Drop Box etc.
·Bachelors’ degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Stores and Supplies Management, Logistics or a related qualification from a recognized institution.
·Professional qualification in Procurement (CIPS) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g., MS Access) highly desirable.
- Flexible – willing and able to adjust their schedule as necessary, capable of solving problems, taking feedback, meeting deadlines and communicating well with others.
·Commitment to the mission, vision and core values of Lifewater International
·Honest and dependable in all areas including finances.
Application: Deadline for the Applications is 9th Dec 2022, 5:00 PM. Please apply this job at https://lifewater.bamboohr.com/careers/97. Application via email or any other platform won’t be considered.
Project Manager; Technology Projects at NMB Bank