- Ensure the workshop is always safe and clean
- Ensure strict adherence to all safe work procedures and (HSE) adherence.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials in the service area.
- Distributing work orders to the maintenance teams or workshops as per work assignments.
- Schedule work assignments to determine priorities, review trucks and workshop facilities to determine proper utilization of resources and efficiency of production.
- Supervise, Plan, administer, control, and coordinate the repairs and maintenance of trucks in the central workshop.
- Controls all tasks force under the workshop
- Follow-up of the workshop efficiency and productivity.
- Make request of spare parts required for maintenance and ensure that parts are well organized and maintained.
- Perform Scheduled Maintenance Service.
- Review work orders in liaison with Head of workshop.
- Updates and fills in work orders for additional work performance.
- Make final checks and approve the work carried out by the repair teams.
- Make sure that all repairs are correctly made and changed parts are recorded on the work order sheet and ensure all details are entered on the work order, including time spent on the job and names of individual workshop staff.
- Represents workshop on technical committees, both internal and external in relation to truck maintenance.
- Direct the investigation of the causes and costs of accidents within central workshop involving trucks or equipment.
- Formulate SOPs and ensure all technicians adhere
- Ensure all technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Dedicated to learning, growing, and succeeding in organization.
- Conduct quarterly/mid/annual performance appraisal for workshop personnel.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Ensure warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Assist in the modification and design of equipment; recommend the rehabilitation or disposal of aged and beyond economic repair, seriously damaged and badly malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform any other related activities as may assigned by the Head of workshop or/and Head of Transport.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10yrs of work experience in Sino truck or other related in heavy trucks as a workshop supervisor
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment’s with accuracy and speed
- Good leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Competent in computer application
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development