NECTA Approved Examination Formats All Level
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is Government Institution which was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania.
The decision to establish NECTA was a follow-up of an earlier move, in April 1971, when Tanzania Mainland pulled out of the East African Examinations Council (EAEC) to conduct her own examinations. Zanzibar pulled out of EAEC in 1970.
Before the pull out, between 1968 and 1971, Tanzania sat for foreign Secondary School Examinations conducted jointly by the East African Syndicate, which before then were conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate alone.
The Examinations conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate then were the School Certificate and the Higher School Certificate Examinations.
The School Certificate Examinations was taken by the African Students for the first time in 1947 and that of the Higher School Certificate in 1960.
NECTA Approved Examination Formats All Level from standard four up to diploma in Secondary Education in Tanzania see in PDF below click particular level title to download PDF file to see NECTA Examination Format:-
- ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION (ACSEE)
- CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION (CSEE)
- STANDARD FOUR NATIONAL ASSESSMENT (SFNA)
- DARASA LA NNE
- PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION (PSLE)
- FORM TWO NATIONAL ASSESSMENT (FTNA)
- GRADE A TEACHERS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (GATCE)
- DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION (DSEE)
- DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION IN SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION (DSE-SNE)EXAMINATION