Program Operations Manager At Medtronic LABS.
About Medtronic LABS
Medtronic LABS is a global health entity launched out of Medtronic that incubates innovative businesses in healthcare delivery, with dual objectives of social impact and financial sustainability. This organization combines innovative medical products and services with high-touch operations teams to drive last mile impact, working with private, institutional and public health systems. Medtronic LABS team imbibes a culture of openness and entrepreneurship, with significant opportunities of growth for high performing and self-driven individuals.
Medtronic LABS’ flagship offering in Africa, Empower Health, brings together services and innovative technology to create a unique end-to-end model of care for hypertension and diabetes care for underserved patients. Empower Health provides integrated facility level as well as community level tools and service offerings to improve disease awareness, support screening and referral activities, reduce the burden of disease, and improve the efficiency of managing hypertension and diabetes for both patients and clinicians.
About the Role | Program Operations Manager
Medtronic Labs is looking for Program Operations Manager for a dedicated Non-Communicable Disease program focused on improving health care and patients’ lives. The Manager will directly report to the Impact team and ideally would be based in Tanzania.
Medtronic Labs is looking for passionate mid-level manager to organize and lead regional operations for the Empower Health business focused on improving health care and patients’ lives. No day will be the same for the Program Operations Manager, a role which combines logistics and program operational management, exceptional organizational skills, team management, superb customer service and effective communication skills. Each task will be equally important and great effort will be expected to support our clients and users of the Empower Health model.
- Executing on operations planning for programs run in collaboration with Health Associations and other partners.
- Setting up the Operations function, hiring and managing a team of Operations Associates, Training Specialists and Tele-counselors.
- Working closely with partners, government stakeholders and clients to ensure continued growth, alignment with strategic initiatives and commitment guarantees.
- Developing and implement local and regional operational processes for the Medtronic LABS team, in coordination with other Medtronic LABS Operations leaders and team members.
- Collaborating on best practices and contribute actively to the LABS Africa strategy, leading the input in the area of operations.
- Providing mentorship, oversight for and coordinate the activities of the Operations Associates across program sites to ensure tasks are executed upon successfully to meet program objectives and milestones.
- Collaborating with Medtronic LABS team members to share learnings and improve operational processes.
- Completing all required Medtronic LABS and program training.
The Application Process
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves an online screening of your candidature by our partner, Shortlist. Please continue to complete the application on the Link below:
[copy and paste this link on a new tab, please]
The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the jo
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of field operations management experience.
- Past experience building and managing a team.
- Past experience of scaling project(s), training individuals.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving capability.
- Comfortable with traveling – 30 to 40% work related travel is expected.
Good to have:
- Past experience working with a technology based growing organization.
- Past experience with senior stakeholder management/partnerships.
- New Job Opportunity: IT Support Engineer
- New 3+ Job Opportunities At Sengerema Health Training Institute
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Agile with a growth mindset and willingness to go above, beyond, the formal role.
- Willing to work with a certain level of ownership and autonomy.
- Comfort with an unstructured role that grows with the individual.
- Passion for the field of global health.